Institute for the Development of African-American Youth, Inc.
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 2061 Administrative Offices: 102 E. Colonial Street Philadelphia, PA 19103 Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: 215-572-7210 Facsimile: 215-572-5807
Position Title: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Location: 2221 N. Broad Street, S-202
Status: Full Time, Salaried Employee (+ Benefits)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related Human Service field, or three years experience in nonprofit and/or community based human service agency.
Qualifications: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Detail oriented. Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks. Basic knowledge with computer programs: MS Office and Internet. Day and evening hours – some weekends. Travel required in and around the City of Philadelphia (Must own car with valid driver’s license/insurance).
Basic Functions: Function as a coordinating staff between the Institute and the Philadelphia Department of Human Services, Philadelphia Family Court, and School District of Philadelphia. Conduct screening process of suitable program candidates and conduct in-home family assessments as well as visiting youth in school. Design and implement individualized treatment plans. Attend to necessary and appropriate client documentation.
- Conduct initial/ongoing in-home family assessments.
- Provide families with language interpretation services when needed.
- Develop a Family Development Plan (FDP) for each family.
- Facilitate the development of an action plan in partnership with the family.
- Initiate timely and appropriate interventions as needed on behalf of the youth/families.
- Refer family focused and community based family support services.
- Carry a maximum caseload of 25.
- Advocate for families in regional/family court.
- Prepare appropriate reports, as requested.
- Attend all internal agency wide and external meetings as relevant to the program.
- And other duties as required.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to: Director of Administration, Institute for the Development of African-American Youth, Inc., Post Office Box 2061 Philadelphia, PA 19103; send by facsimile to 215.235.9128, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE! IDAAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State or by calling toll free 1-800-732-0999.