1. Wilson AB, Barrenger S, Bohrman C, Draine J: Balancing Accessibility and Selectivity in 21st Century Public Mental Health Services: Implications for Hard to Engage Clients. Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research. In press.
2. Baron RC, Draine J, Salzer MS. “I’m not sure that I can figure out how to do that”: Pursuit of work among people with mental illnesses leaving jail. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation. In press.
3. Barrenger SL, Draine J. You Don’t Get No Help: The Role of Community Context in Effectiveness of Evidence-Based Treatments for People with Mental Illnesses Leaving Prison for High Risk Environments. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation. In press.
4. Draine J. Mental health, mental illnesses, poverty, justice, and social justice. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation. In press.
5. Rapp RC, Ciomcia R, Zaller N, Draine J, Ferguson A, Cagey R. The role of jails in engaging PLWHA in care: From jail to community. AIDS and Behavior. In press.
6. Stein M, Spaulding AC, Cunningham M, Messina LC, Kim BI, Chung K, Draine J, Jordan AO, Harrison A, Avery AK, Flanigan TP. HIV-Positive and in Jail: Race, Risk Factors, and Prior Access to Care. AIDS and Behavior. In press.
7. Morabito M, Watson AC, Draine J: Police officer acceptance of new innovation: The case of crisis intervention teams. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management. In press.
8. Chen NE, Meyer JP, Avery AK, Draine J, Flanigan TP, Lincoln T, Spaulding AC, Springer SA, Altice FL: Adherence to HIV treatment and care among previously homeless jail detainees. Aids and Behavior. In press. [PMID: 22065234, PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
9. Watson AC, Ottati VC, Draine J, Morabito M: CIT in context: The impact of mental health resource availability and district saturation on call dispositions. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry 34: 287-294. 2011. [PMID: 21820177, PubMed - in process]
10. Wilson AB, Draine J, Hadley T, Metraux S, Evans A: Examining the impact of mental illness and substance use on recidivism in a county jail. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 34: 264-268. 2011. [PMID: 21839518, PubMed – in process]
11. Draine J, McTighe L, Bourgois P: Education, empowerment and community based structural reinforcement: An HIV prevention response to mass incarceration and removal. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry 34:295-302. 2011. [PMCID: PMC3171601]
12. Matejkowski J, Draine J, Solomon P, Salzer M: Mental illness, criminal risk factors and parole release decisions. Behavoral Sciences and the Law 29:528-533, 2011. [PMID: 21755531, PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
13. Rowell TL, Draine J, Wu E: Depression among a Random Sample of Incarcerated African-American Men. Psychiatric Services 62:103-104. 2011. [PMID 21209311]
14. Draine J, Ahuja D, Altice FL, Arriola KJ, Avery AK, Beckwith CG, Booker CA, Ferguson A, Figueroa H, Lincoln T, Ouellet LJ, Porterfield J, Spaulding AC, Tinsley MJ: Strategies to enhance linkages between care for HIV/AIDS in jail and community settings. AIDS Care 23:366-377. 2011. [PMCID: PMC3143179]
15. Matejkowski JC, McCarty KS, Draine J. Measurement of the Personal Norm of Reciprocity among Mental Health Service Users. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal 34: 202-213. 2011. [PMID 21208859]
16. Morabito M, Kerr, A, Watson A, Draine J, Ottati V, Angell B: Crisis Intervention Teams and people with mental illness: Exploring the factors that influence use of force. Crime and Delinquency. Online first, 2010.
17. Draine J, Wilson AB, Metraux S, Hadley T, Evans AC. The impact of mental illness status on the length of jail detention and the legal mechanism of jail release. Psychiatric Services 61(5), 458-462. 2010.
18. Watson AC, Ottati VC, Morabito M, Draine J, Kerr AN, Angell B. Outcomes of Police Contacts with Persons with Mental Illness: The impact of CIT. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research 37L 302-317. 2010. [PMID 19705277]
19. Matejkowski J, Draine J: Investigating the Impact of Housing First on ACT Fidelity. Community Mental Health Journal 45:6-11. 2009. [PMID 18563563]
20. Watson AC, Morabito M, Draine J, Ottati V: Improving police response to persons with mental illness: A Multi-level conceptualization of CIT. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry 31: 359-368. 2009. [PMCID: PMC2655327]