Thank you for your interest in Temple University's Master of Occupational Therapy program!
Please be sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions and be aware that we use a rolling admissions process; therefore, it is in your best interest to complete the application process prior to the posted deadline of February 1. Our program begins in early July during summer session II. Admissions are highly competitive (over 500 applications received per year for 45 available seats) and fulfilling our admissions requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Minimum overall undergraduate GPA: 3.0
- 2014 average GPA for admitted students: 3.49
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- TOEFL may be required for international applicants
- Recommended scores are at the 50th percentile or higher; click here to view estimated score and percentile comparisons
- 2014 average GRE's for admitted students: Quantitative=154, Verbal=156, Writing=4.0
Course Prerequisites (must have a "B" or higher in each of these courses):
- Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II, Biology or Neuroscience with lab
- Developmental Psychology or Lifespan Development
- Abnormal Psychology, Psychopathology, or Theories of Personality
- Introduction to Psychology or similar Psychology course
- Introduction to Sociology or Cultural Anthropology or other Sociology course
- Statistics (Social Science or Education based is strongly preferred)
Please note: we do not accept CLEP or AP courses for Prerequisites and science courses must be four credits with labs and taken in person, not online. Prerequisite courses may be taken at your local community college or any accredited institution of higher education. These courses may be in progress at the time of application but must be completed by the spring semester prior to beginning the program.
- TOEFL may be required and WES evaluation strongly recommended
- Please visit the Graduate School website for more information before applying
To Apply for the MOT Program: (application system re-opens in late July)
1. Complete the application process through the OTCAS system prior to February 1. Please note that the OTCAS verification process can take up to a few weeks. Visit www.otcas.org to begin the application process. As part of the OTCAS application, you will enter your college credits (including those that are in progress or planned) using your unofficial transcripts. You will then have your official transcripts sent to OTCAS for verification of credits completed. Three reference reports are submitted electronically by reviewers using OTCAS. Complete a total of 40 hours observing Occupational Therapists with at least two different client populations (enter observation hours that are in progress or planned in OTCAS application).
2. Complete Graduate School supplemental application with Temple University by February 1 at: https://prd-wlssb.temple.edu/prod8/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon ($60 fee applies)
3. Have your GRE or MAT scores sent electronically to Temple University by the testing service using the following codes: the code for GRE is 2906, the MAT code is 1666.
Please note: do not submit a resume, essay, letters of recommendation or transcripts separately since these items are all included with the electronic OTCAS application.