The College of Health Professions and Social Work engages in exciting, innovative research and supports talented, committed researchers. Investigations focus on medical interventions, social and behavioral inquiries, as well as animal and basic science. Inquiries are frequently interdisciplinary, crossing departmental and collegial lines, and draw on resources from across the University. We invite you to view our faculty portfolios to find out about the research being conducted and to explore the college's specific areas of interest.
Research staff at the Dean's Office act as a liason between CHPSW's researchers and Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA). CHPSW researchers interested in developing a project should begin by contacting the pre-award staff.
CHPSW's Research Mission
- increasing faculty productivity in grants and published research.
- encouraging faculty to seek research funds creatively, from such non-governmental sources as corporations and foundations.
- encouraging collaborative research.
- developing a research infrastructure supported by best practices and outstanding staff.
- creating an awareness among students of faculty research and opportunities for research assistantships.
- providing research opportunities for students.
- ensuring sufficient support to train faculty, students, administrators, and staff in the uses of new technologies.