Kinesiology studies physical activity and human movement, and explores their impact on health, society, and quality of life. Students examine movement from the neuromechanical, physiological, psychological, and sociological perspectives.
Careers in Kinesiology include:
- Physical Education Teachers
- Curriculum Developers
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Sport Psychologists
- Five research laboratories whose discoveries revolutionize our understanding of the field, along with developing practical applications to restore and promote physical well-being.
- A recent $58 million renovation of Kinesiology research and classroom facilities.
- More than 30 years in the field of Exercise and Sport Science.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education; the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Graduate Review Committee; the National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Education, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education