Bridge to Health Information Professions
Bridge to Health Information Professions is an accelerated 8-week health information career pathways course designed to prepare students for a professional NR-CAHA certification. In addition to preparing to pass an industry certification, students will also receive: technology literacy training, a better understanding of careers in the field, professional development, and individualized academic enrichment.
- Electronic Health Records and Medical Office Administration training in preparation for NR-CAHA (Nationally Registered Certified Administrative Health Assistant) certification
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office training
- Supplemental academic support in reading, math & language arts
- Professional development
- Job placement assistance
- Must be TANF (cash assistance) recipient
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6-12th grade reading/math scores on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Satisfactory criminal history
- High motivation and interest in the Health Information Technologies field
In order to qualify for Bridge to HIP, students must meet all Tier One requirements including income eligibility and a clear background check. If you are interested in Bridge to HIP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.