Research and Evaluation Services
The purpose of the Research and Evaluation Unit is to collaborate with social service providers (public and private) and Temple University students and faculty to enhance knowledge about design and implementation of program evaluation activities. Temple CSPCD assigns evaluation specialists to evaluate its own programs. In addition, agencies in need of a third party independent evaluator seek out CSPCD to conduct process and outcome evaluations. While there is a cost for this service, CSPCD is able to leverage it resources and use graduate social work students, thereby, reducing the cost of the evaluation to social service agencies.
Current users of this service included:
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA) - CSPCD is conducting a process and outcome evaluation of PAFA's Family Arts Academy.
Previous users of this service included:
- HOPEworldwide of Pennsylvania - CSPCD conducted the process and outcome evaluation for HOPEworldwide of Pennsylvania's Health and Wellness Program offered in three elementary schools in Philadelphia.
- TOPS (Technology Opportunities) - CSPCD has partnered with the Office of Emergency Shelter Services (OESS) to evaluate the use of innovative technologies to improve homeless services in the city of Philadelphia, funded by the US Department of Commerce.
- Philadelphia Weed and Seed Project -- CSPCD conducted an outcome evaluation project for Philadelphia's Weed and Seed Project.
- Mayor's Office of Community Services (MOCS) - CSPCD conducted a needs assessment for MOCS.
- North Philadelphia Franchise Study -- CSPCD conducted a study of the business corridors in North Philadelphia.
For more information, please contact:
Center for Social Policy and Community Development
College of Health Professions and Social Work
Ritter Hall Annex, 4th Floor
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122