CHW APPLICATION DIRECTIONS
CHW APPLICATION DIRECTIONS
Community Health Workers Training, tentatively scheduled for April 29th through Friday, May 24th, 2013. This training opportunity would require participants to commit to four weeks of training, at 30 hours a week, from Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm.
Notice of Intent
1. Please provide your contact information and complete an on-line interest/application form (click here).
NOTE: The on-line interest form is NOT the official application, it provides us with general information on how to contact you and provide you with additional directions, if needed.
2. The interest form also includes some basic information to determine if you qualify for additional supportive services.
Application Process(Deadline completion of the process is March 31st)
2. Register with and provide a copy of registration confirmation from your local CareerLink Center by March 31, 2013, following are locations in Philadelphia:
Ø Northwest,235 W. Chelten Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144
Ø North, 990 Spring Garden, Philadelphia PA 19123
Ø Northeast, 3210 Red Lion Road , Academy Plaza Shopping Center, Philadelphia, PA 19114
Ø Suburban Station, 617 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19103
3. After you register at the CareerLink Center, please attend two specific workshops on digital literacy and resume writing by March 31, 2013.
Ø Attend Digital Literacy Workshop
Ø Attend a Job Search and Resume Writing Tools Workshop
Ø Or attend What to Say in an Interview
Ø Submit verification of attendance with your official application
4. After you register at the CareerLink Center, please schedule and complete the following assessments by March 31, 2013:
a) TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) – The minimum qualifications are 10th Grade Reading and Comprehension plus 8th Grade Math TABE scores. If your primary language is not English and you are fluent in another language, exceptions to this standard will be made on a case-by-case basis as employers are looking for bi-lingual Community Health Workers.
Note: If you have previously taken a TABE assessment, please provide a copy of the results. The TABE Assessment must have been completed within the past year; we will accept results of TABE tests taken after April 1, 2012 to present.
b) Typing Test – To qualify for the program, you must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm (words per minute). Email email@example.com and you will be scheduled for this test.
c) Computer Literacy Assessment - Email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be scheduled for this test.
c) Submit a copy of the TABE and Typing Test results with your official application.
5. Please provide a Criminal Record Check, which can be ordered on-line by March 31, 2013. Click here for directions and for the PA Access to Criminal History website: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Note: A prior felonious criminal history may disqualify you from being hired in a healthcare facility. Individuals with misdemeanors may be accepted into the training program; however, the individual should disclose, and the situation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
6. Provide proof of highest educational level attained by March 31, 2013. A copy of your High School Diploma, College Degree, Post-secondary Education Transcript should accompany your official application.
Note: If you need additional time to obtain proof of educational attainment, please submit official application with a letter indicating when the proof will be available.
7. A one page essay on why you are interested in being a CHW by March 31, 2013.
8. Resume by March 31, 2013
Submit a complete application packet of the items above(with the exception of the application, submitted online) by the Deadline: March 31, 5:00PM, to:
Temple University, Center for Social Policy and Community Development Ritter Annex, 1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave., 4th Floor Philadelphia PA 19122 If you have questions: E-Mail: email@example.com
Official Application Checklist:
Deadline is March 31, 2013.
Please order the items in your official application, in the following way:
¨ Application Form
¨ Copy of CareerLink Registration
¨ Digital Literacy Workshop Attendance Verification
¨ Resume Writing Tools Workshop Attendance Verification
¨ TABE – Reading and Math results
¨ Typing Test Result
¨ Criminal Record Check