Health Information Professions Scholarship Opportunity
The Health Information Professions (HIP) Scholarship Opportunity is a renewable funding source for current students enrolled in relevant HIM courses in Temple’s Pre-Him program (Tier 3), and for students who are taking health information technology courses in pursuit of a Health Information Technology degree at approved community colleges (Tier 3).
This scholarship supplements your primary financial aid award and varies in amount depending on a student’s annual income level. The scholarship is not meant to be the sole source of income for any student to pursue higher education, however it is a supplemental source in addition to a student’s awarded financial aid package.
The eligibility requirements for students enrolled in PRE-HIM, BSHIM, and MSHI programs are:
- Current and active students in the PRE-HIM, BSHIM, and MSHI programs
- A preferred 2.8 college cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Annual income 250% at or below the poverty line
- No active financial holds on your account
To apply for the grant please complete and submit the following:
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st for priority consideration for financial aid
- Complete and submit the HIP application form: APPLICATION FORM
- 250-500 word personal statement of your professional goals and need
- Two letters of recommendation (current professors or from prior classes)
- Class schedule for the requested semester
- Tuition bill for the requested semester
- Proof of income (a copy of the current year’s FAFSA)
- An unofficial transcript
For more information, please download the attached PDF file.
- Send all documents to: Jean Dixon, HIP Scholarship Opportunity, Temple University – CSPCD, 1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue, Ritter Annex, 4th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- You can also contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org