The Center for Asian Health at Temple University has openings for qualified candidates to serve as Community Health Educator(s). The successful candidate will assist in planning, coordinating and implementing community health educational programs for Asian American populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact and coordinate with Asian community collaborators to arrange and organize health related programs for Asian youth and adults; help with program participants' recruitment.
- Conduct smoking prevention workshops for Asian youth and adults.
- Conduct smoking cessation program for Asian youth and adults.
- Conduct health and cancer educational workshops/activities for Asian adults.
- Implement project process evaluation activities.
- Provide skill training and technical assistance for staff of community collaborators.
- Assist in project report preparation.
- Assist in health educational material design and development in Asian languages.
- Respond to other responsibilities as necessary.
Experience in working with Asian community preferred. Highly motivated and organized. With knowledge and skills in health related discipline. Strong in working independently and in-team environment. Fluent in writing and speaking in English and one Asian language (preferred Vietnamese or Korean), prefer BA/S or Master's degrees, experience can be compensated with education.